On October 1, 1952, George and Ellie Potter opened Overhead Door Company of Danbury with one truck, no employees, and a small office on Germantown Road. As their business grew, they moved to a larger office, and in 1972, they purchased our current building at 26 Federal Road in Danbury. With George's untimely death in 1982, his son, Jeff, and his wife Jeanne took over the family business that George had worked so hard to build.
In 2001 we saw incredible changes in management, our products, and even our company name! Jeff retired after working in the business for over 30 years and Jeanne, along with their children Jessica and Andrew, took over the company. We also made the important decision to severe ties with Overhead Door Corporation in order to better serve our customers.
Becoming an independent company allowed us to offer unlimited choices in garage door style, manufacturer, and price range, and also prompted our name change from Overhead Door Company of Danbury to Danbury Overhead Door, Inc.We are a third generation company, serving the greater Danbury area, family owned and operated since 1952 by the Potter family. Stop by our shop at 26 Federal road in Danbury to meet the family and browse through our Garage Door showroom.